Thursday, November 19, 2009

He ate my heart

I was chosen as the Spot Artist Extraordinaire for an upcoming issue of the children's magazine Cicada. I absolutely love doing work for them because its generally really fun and silly work that gets me out of the groove of constantly drawing half naked ladies.

As spot artist, your job is to choose a theme and do 5 sketches to be used as spots throughout that issue of the magazine.


.....my theme was Famous Cats in History.



The Eccentric Salvopuss Dali


Two Star-Crossed Lovers, Romeow and Mewliet


The Portly and Fearsome King Meowry the VIIIth



The Heinous Genghis Kitthan


The Alluring Cleocatra

I'm pretty sure I'll do more of these just for fun.

5 comments:

M said...

I LIKE!!! So does B ;)

Sam Bosma said...

My favorite work you've done.

Gengis Kitthan is hilarious.

Rico said...

Just had a quick look at your work -- interesting stuff here! Will need to come back for another look.

Megan Russell said...

Thanks guys, they were super fun. I'm sure I'll do a few more in the future!

Anonymous said...

these are terrific!